Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Mind of He Who Rants

This blog is more or less a thought experiment, or it will be when I manage to devise a hypothesis. What it isn't is important, at least not to anyone else. Merely a platform of catharthis that I can access and add to wherever I may be. An oulet of structured expression, if you will.
I haven't even done my profile yet, so I'll jot down a few notes regarding that now. That way anyone who accidentally stumbles across this will be able to put my rantings into a vague frame of reference.
I am an atheist. Not just because I'm too lazy to attend church or just because I gave up on a particular god, or just because I tire of the hypocrisy of religious icons. I simply do not believe that a single entity or partheon thereof could have planned and created the amazing universe in which we live.
I am a libertarian, an initially strange political choice for one who works in human services as part of a welfare state. However, my job is to help people understand that welfare reliance = disempowerment and that dole = dependency. I also opine that the freedom of the individual is worth more than being baby sat by a government.
Lastly, I am a skeptic. Not militantly so, but just enough to know that anything of importance (be it medical, political, sociological or spiritual) should be critically analysed rather than assumed off the bat. Just like a court of law, I require evidence beyond reasonable doubt before I believe something.
So, there you have it. Three personal facts regarding the mind of this particular ranter.

No comments:

Post a Comment