Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm Just Not That Into The Movie

2 hours and 11 minutes just to remind us that guys are assholes and girls are crazy. Oh, and that Ben Affleck's gormless, smug mug makes me want to kick nuns in their redundant ovaries. What I hate most about this flick is that there's actually not too much to criticise - the camera work was okay, the script wasn't too loose, all the cast were veterans who knew their jobs. And I only needed a couple of shots of insulin to endure the ordeal. I didn't laugh or cry. I think the most I managed was ".........." (a mental shrug at the highly predictable third act twists which weren't particularly twisty). Even the crazy women and asshole men didn't act all that crazy during their histrionics or ass-like during their lechery. Just the same old, mediocre, middle-class white america going about its business.

Score: M (for 'meh').

No comments:

Post a Comment